Thursday 28 January 2021

Baked Gnocchi

 


Gnocchi is one of those comfort foods I find. 

Stodgy, filling, warming, comforting, delicious!

And the best thing is you can buy Gnocchi in a vacuum pack that just sits in your cupboard until you're ready for it.

As usual, this recipe can be totally adapted to suit your tastes - swap out anything you don't like and put in stuff you do.

Before we start, just a little mention about the might broccoli stalk - I actually like this bit better than the broccoli, I cannot believe I disposed of it for all the years that I did, before realising how delicious it really was!  I make sauces from it, or sometimes just fry it off in a little olive oil and eat it as a snack.



First off I fried off some asparagus, broccoli stalk  and a couple of gloves of garlic in a little olive oil.

Then I chucked in a huge pile of spinach and allowed it to wilt.

Next to go in was a bag of gnocchi, add a touch more oil if you need it, but I quite like the Gnocchi to catch a little on the pan to give a more toasty flavour.



Next to go in is a cheap jar of pasta sauce - I think these are great, they make a really good base for a lot of meals and cost less than 50p a jar!  You can add herbs, garlic, chilli..... whatever you like to make a tasty sauce.  Don't be wasting your money on the expensive ones, they're no better.


Give it a good stir around until everything is coated.

I then put the mixture in an ovenproof dish (forgot to photograph that part) and added a sprinkle of vegan parmesan and some golden breadcrumbs to make a crispy top.  You can use any cheese, and if you don't have a tub of breadcrumbs you can blitz up a slice of bread in a food chopper to make your own.


Finally I shoved it in the oven at Gas Mark 6 for 20 mins.



You can pre-make this and just put it in the oven later on when you are ready to eat.  It also heats up well the next day. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baked Gnocchi

  Gnocchi is one of those comfort foods I find.  Stodgy, filling, warming, comforting, delicious! And the best thing is you can buy Gnocchi ...